Protecting the Environment is one of the substantial guiding principles at ASM Maritime.
We are fully committed to comply with all applicable environment Protection Laws and to ensure the highest safety standards.
With environmental objectives in mind we manage our operation effectively by establishing processes to prevent activities which might pose a threat to the environment.
ASM Maritime is fully aligned with the MARPOL requirements for the prevention of pollution from its ships.
We adopt an active working procedure by providing a guiding manual to our officers and crew members regarding the required steps which should be taken if an event of a pollution incident had occurred.
Reporting MARPOL Non-Compliance to email@example.com
Shore and sea going personnel are fully aware of our Environmental Policy and act accordingly by focusing on energy efficiency performance.
ASM goes beyond regulation-required environmental practices
Reduced waste and trash: and / or incinerators compactors on all fleet vessels
Reduced sludge generation and disposal by use of incinerators and lube oil purification
On board annual environmentalaudits, Environmental self assessment by SEO
Collaboration with environmental startups
Environmental Policy Statement
- Taking all practical steps to safeguard the working environment and ensure the safety of all personnel working in or visiting any facility operated by the Company.
- Setting and reviewing of environmental objectives and targets.
- Take all reasonable measures to eliminate the risk of pollution and promote a Zero Spill mindset. Providing adequate resources to meet the set company objectives and targets
- Raising awareness of the environment amongst personnel
- Achieving continual improvement in the company's safety and environmental record
- Reviewing the suitability of alternative or new technology, systems or equipment which can enhance safer operations and reducing environmental impact
- Collaborating with start-up companies once provide company’s vessels as trial platform to establish new protective methods either to evaluate new technologies to protect environment
- Disposing, handling and controlling all waste in an environmentally sound manner
- Considering all environmental consequences where practical when engaging in goods or services from third parties
- Providing appropriate training to all personnel whose work may create a significant impact upon safety and environment
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable national and international laws, regulations and other requirements as applicable and identified by the Company
- Observing the requirements of the company’s Quality & Environmental system (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001) and the IMO's International Safety Management Code
- We encourage our crew to report directly or anonymously regarding any MARPOL violation onboard the vessels without fear of any retaliation from the company’s side
- Making the company’s policy available for public